Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Lake Nakuru National Park

The past week has been crazy. First, our group switched SFS sights from Tanzania to Kenya. Then, three days after arriving in Kenya, we were preparing to leave for expedition to Lake Nakuru National Park. The drive to Lake Nakuru was long (about eight hours) and we had to deal with Nairobi traffic near the middle of the trek, but it was totally worth it when we finally got to the park and were able to explore. We spent three glorious days exploring the park, and I GOT TO SEE SO MANY RHINOS. I figured pictures would better explain my experience, so enjoy!

One of our many roadside stops along the way to Lake Nakuru National Park. Here I present you our grossest toilet experience yet. At least it was situated on a cliff overlooking the rift valley.

 The magnificent waterbuck (our wildlife ecology's, Shem's, favorite animal)

Zebra with probable lion attack wounds. 

The beautiful Lake Nakuru. This view was absolutely breathtaking. I also wanted to jump in the water, but I'm pretty sure that's illegal.

Driving through the black-headed gull parade. 

THE BEAUTIFUL WHITE RHINO! -- my new favorite animal.

Another of the many unbelievable views in the park.

Mother and offspring butt pose. Love the rhinos. We followed these rhinos for awhile (I mean who wouldn't want to stare at a baby white rhino for hours on end).






Lazy lion chilling in a tree.

Mr. Giraffey.

Cool waterfall with water I would not want to swim in.

Lion hill overlook. We spent two nights watching the sunset up here and it was glorious.

Silly fighting buffalo.

Creepy buffalo staredown.

No comments:

Post a Comment